External Dependencies in VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to generate an editable list of files including Full or Relative Path info from the External Dependencies list?

Please alert me if this isn't the correct forum. I could find one that addresses gerneral "Using Visual Studio 2010".

Thanks

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Max,

As far as I know, the external dependencies contains files which imports in to project indirectly. For example, if you include A head files into your project, and A head files include B head files. A and B all are includes in the External Dependencies folder. You can right click the files in External Dependencies folder, and select Properties, then you will see the Full Path and Relative Path of this head file.

However, I don't think we can edit these file paths. If you want to delete some files in External Dependencies folder, you can un-include some head files. For example, If you un-include A, the A and B will disappear in External Dependencies folder.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:03 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:20 AM

All replies

• I think this would be a good forum for you:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/threads

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:01 PM
  • Hi Max,

As far as I know, the external dependencies contains files which imports in to project indirectly. For example, if you include A head files into your project, and A head files include B head files. A and B all are includes in the External Dependencies folder. You can right click the files in External Dependencies folder, and select Properties, then you will see the Full Path and Relative Path of this head file.

However, I don't think we can edit these file paths. If you want to delete some files in External Dependencies folder, you can un-include some head files. For example, If you un-include A, the A and B will disappear in External Dependencies folder.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:03 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:20 AM
  • Hi Max,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:52 AM