taskbar changes - The Charms bar is on the right side in the video demo, but it appears in the lower left side when I use it

Question

• sir i downloaded windows developer 8 ...and installed it in my laptop....but i needs to know some info regarding video deme of Windows developer taskbar is in right side with good view ..and mine is in down portion which looks ugly ...please help me 
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:34 PM

Answers

• The Charm bar for the mouse is in lower left corner, The touch charm bar is on the right.  You will only see it in its full form if you are using a touch screen.  I think this confusing as well and hope they fix it before the final release.  It doesn't make sense to mouse all the way down to the lower left corner then go all the way back to right to make futhrer selections. 
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Instead of moving mouse down, there is a key shortcut Win+C to display the bottom left menu, or Win+I to display the right bar directly.

And yes, using just the mouse, the new Metro interface is not very productive. It's like a mouse marathon...

Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:12 PM

All replies

• Not sure if I understand your question, but anyway: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/threads This place is where you want to go with this question. This particalar forum is for programmers that use the Metro UI.

But what might be going on is a problem with your video drivers. I'd suggest installing those.

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:31 AM
  • The Charm bar for the mouse is in lower left corner, The touch charm bar is on the right.  You will only see it in its full form if you are using a touch screen.  I think this confusing as well and hope they fix it before the final release.  It doesn't make sense to mouse all the way down to the lower left corner then go all the way back to right to make futhrer selections. 
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Instead of moving mouse down, there is a key shortcut Win+C to display the bottom left menu, or Win+I to display the right bar directly.

And yes, using just the mouse, the new Metro interface is not very productive. It's like a mouse marathon...

Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:12 PM