none
Working with RDL reports created with VS 2008 to run on Report Services RRS feed

• Question

• How to I take a VS 2008 rdl report project and upgrade it so that the reports are maintainable by VS 2010.  I know the upgrade process only upgrades the project file not the actual reports.

When I open the report in VS 2010 all I get is the XML of RDL.

WhiskeyRomeoLima
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:31 PM

Answers

• You're trying to upgrade Busines Intelligence Development Studio to VS2010, which is not supported at this time (VS2010 breaks compatibility with BIDS). For now, you'll need to keep maintaining your projects in VS2008.
    Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:54 PM

All replies

• You're trying to upgrade Busines Intelligence Development Studio to VS2010, which is not supported at this time (VS2010 breaks compatibility with BIDS). For now, you'll need to keep maintaining your projects in VS2008.
    Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Friday, January 28, 2011 11:54 PM
  • Cephalin,

Thanks for the reply.

So is there something that Microsoft has put out that explains this and discusses what options are available (like documentation)?  I don't want to have multiple versions of Visual Studio to maintain.  I don't understand why Microsoft continues to not provide an upgrade path for reports.

WhiskeyRomeoLima
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:04 PM