none
Infopath form to directly open in web browser instead of going to "NEW" button in List.

Question

• Hi All,

I have an infopath form published already under sharepoint List.

What i want to do is when the link is clicked, the form will open upon in a browser - no need to go to list and click new just to fill out the form.

I am usingh infopath 2013 and my SP is 2016.

Thanks! hope someone can help ^^

Monday, January 23, 2017 4:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Gelo- if I understand correctly, you want to have a link somewhere that opens up the form without users having to navigate to the list first. If that's correct, just right click on the "Add Item" link and select "copy shortcut." Use that link wherever you want to put it.

cameron rautmann

• Edited by croute1 Monday, January 23, 2017 4:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Maruthachalam Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gelo123 Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:31 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my understanding, you have customized a List using Info Path form and published it as well. I hope the below links will help you:

https://claytoncobb.com/2011/01/07/sharepoint-2010-how-to-open-files-that-prompt-for-save-or-cancel/

http://madhurahuja.blogspot.in/2006/12/opening-infopath-forms-in-browser.html

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Monday, January 23, 2017 4:34 AM
  • Hi Maruthu,

I appreciate your help but the link doesnt help :(

Thanks!

Monday, January 23, 2017 4:38 AM
  • Can you please elaborate your requirement? This will help the forum users to help you in fixing the issue/give answers.

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Monday, January 23, 2017 5:34 AM
  • Hi Maruthu,

I think i have stated it above  but let me repeat.

- i have 1 infopath form 

- This infopath form is linked to a SP List (working, no issues) 

MY REQUIREMENT:

- Instead of clicking NEW in SP list all over again, i just want to have a navigation link. Once its clicked, the infopath form will show. 

Hope this clarifies! thanks :)

Monday, January 23, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi Gelo- if I understand correctly, you want to have a link somewhere that opens up the form without users having to navigate to the list first. If that's correct, just right click on the "Add Item" link and select "copy shortcut." Use that link wherever you want to put it.

cameron rautmann

• Edited by croute1 Monday, January 23, 2017 4:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Maruthachalam Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gelo123 Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:31 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 4:06 PM
  • Dear cameron,

Exactly. I have done this already by checking on youtube, other blogs etc.

Thanks! :)

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:31 AM