The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Unable to create new website in Japan East - Internal Server Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to create a new website in Japan East and every time I try it fails after a while with the error "Internal Server Error"

Initially I was doing this using the regular management portal however even when trying to use the new portal the task sits there for a long period of time and never does anything.

A new Resource Group was created okay, but no web hosting plan, VM or website appears to be provisioned.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues?

Thanks,

Andy

Monday, March 2, 2015 10:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Andy,

This issue have been fixed right now, please try again to create a website in Japan East region. Next time you have an issue, please do not disclose your subscription ID in the forums

• Marked as answer by Andy Doyle Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:06 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 8:40 PM

All replies

• I've discovered the audit log in the new portal is full of errors related to "Update hosting plan".

If it helps anyone from Microsoft, here are some details:

Subscription Id:  [removed]

Operation Id: 6c64ecde-8709-44f8-a815-3ad5c48a04d7

Tracking Id: 5a1bd7fd-abdd-45e4-92db-2389829bbc4b

Substatus:  Internal Server Error (HTTP Status Code: 500)

• Edited by David Ebbo Monday, March 2, 2015 8:43 PM Removed Sub ID
    Monday, March 2, 2015 10:54 AM
  • Hello Andy,

This issue have been fixed right now, please try again to create a website in Japan East region. Next time you have an issue, please do not disclose your subscription ID in the forums

• Marked as answer by Andy Doyle Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:06 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 8:40 PM
  • I edited out the sub ID from Andy's post.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 8:43 PM
  • Hello Ahmed,

Thanks for the update - I can confirm everything is working okay now.

Sorry for posting the subscription ID. I wasn't aware anyone could tell anything or do anything with that which is why I didn't remove it like the other personally identifiable information. I know now though :)

Thanks again.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:06 AM