none
Kinect 1.5 Slide Show Gesture Zoom and .avi RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, I'm very new to the whole kinect and C# stuff, but with the 1.5 kit, I was able to use the slideshow example to make some tweaks that I could use. One thing I was stuck on, though, was how to add any gestures to, say, zoom in on a picture and out again. Also, is it possible to play .avi's or some kind of movie file in the slideshow at all?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:05 PM

All replies

• Gesture recognition is not built into SDK 1.5.  Check out GesturePak (www.gesturepak.com).

Basically, you record gestures one pose at a time, then at runtime it tells you when the user had made gestures. It also has an event that fires when they hit individual poses, so you can do real-time tracking through each pose in the gesture.

It lets you load up multiple gestures at once and will distinguish between them. All this with no coding.

It comes with a sample app that lets you zoom in and out by moving your hands closer and farther apart.

Best of all, it's only 99 bucks.

The current version runs against SDK 1.0 but a free upgrade is coming soon. I haven't even tested it yet so it may actually run against 1.5 with no modification.

Carl

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:23 PM
  • I just confirmed that GesturePak 1.0 works with SDK 1.5.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:09 PM