Different settings behavior for metro app on different devices

Question

• Hi Friends,

I am developing a windows store app using c#.

When I am installing that app to the system from side-loaded bundle then in settings it is showing Permissions, Rate and Review and Privacy policy.

But this behavior is different on some different machines. There it is only showing Permissions.

On some other machines it is showing Permissions and Rate and Review but not Privacy policy.

I don't know why these different kind of behavior is there on different machines.

I found a link of MSDN about this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/apps/hh770544.aspx

In above link it has mentioned that "Note that if your app isn't installed through the Windows Store (if, for example, it's a side-loaded enterprise app), your app's Settings pane won't include a Rate and review entry point".

Why it is behaving differently on different machines, do I need to change some settings?

Thanks for you help.

Thursday, August 07, 2014 1:41 PM

Answers

• loaded apps should never have rate and review added. There isn't anything you can do in your app as a developer. This is all handled by the system.

The Privacy link was added with the Windows 8.1 Update (or shortly thereafter), but again I don't believe it should affect side-loaded apps.

--Rob

Friday, August 08, 2014 12:50 AM
    Owner

All replies

• loaded apps should never have rate and review added. There isn't anything you can do in your app as a developer. This is all handled by the system.

The Privacy link was added with the Windows 8.1 Update (or shortly thereafter), but again I don't believe it should affect side-loaded apps.

--Rob

Friday, August 08, 2014 12:50 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks Rob.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:24 PM