none
wwan service is initiating detach procedure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I am trying to write a MB NDIS driver for the Windows 10 Desktop.

The WWAN serivce will feed OID's related to mobile broadband. In that case, after connection is successfully established WWAN service is initiating disconnect request which is observed in the WWAN event viewer. The reason for WWAN service triggering disconnect request remains unknown.

What are all the cases where WWAN service triggers Disconnect request after successful connection ?

lyf4sci

Saturday, February 27, 2016 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since this issue is more related with Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development. I move it to the Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 29, 2016 3:27 AM
  • Usually, because of some kind of protocol error, or failure to negotiate compatible parameters. 

How do you know that the connection is successful? It has several stages, maybe only the first of them passed.

-- pa

• Edited by Pavel A Monday, February 29, 2016 11:52 AM
    Monday, February 29, 2016 11:48 AM
  • Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the reply. I am not able to identify the type of protocol error which is the cause for the rejection.

Is there any way I could identify it by looking into any logs

lyf4sci

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hmm... maybe, netsh?  

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Have you enabled NDIS tracing? If not, look here

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 12:27 AM