none
BizTalk 2006: warning BEC2004: Record tags at the same level should be unique RRS feed

• Question

• Hi --

I have been tasked with converting an unsupported EDIFACT document
    to another flat-file format using the flat-file wizard.

As is customary with EDIFACT, all records all start with a 3-character tag. However, the same record format - with the same tag e.g. a DTM date/time record - can be used at various levels within a message e.g. for the order date, the delivery date, etc.

Unfortunately BizTalk doesn't appear to agree with my interpretation of the word 'level', and is generating the message "Record tags at the same level should be unique"

I have attempted to introduce different levels by enclosing related tags in groups (e.g. 'NADloop' to enclose related NAD, RFF & FTX records), but thus far with a distinct lack of success <sigh>

Since changing the record tags is not an option I need either to be set straight on where I am going wrong or, as an alternative, a work-around.

Any assistance would be most gratefully received ...

Regards

-- r

Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:03 PM

Answers

• Why don't change the name of the xml record? You can use the name you like. It is nothing to do with the segment name as I understand.

The name convention in EDI system is something like:
    for loops: TDTLoop1, TDTLoop2
    for segments: LOC, LOC_2

You can use your name convention, because it's under your control (BTW Do you use your schema in the FlatFile Disassembler?)

Regards,

Leonid Ganeline

Monday, June 25, 2007 5:05 PM

All replies

• I'd propose using one schema from the EDI system set as a pattern.
    This work around works well for me Smile

Regards,

Leonid Ganeline

Friday, June 22, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Hi Leonid --

I started by using one of the EDI schemas - that is where the NADloop came from - but without much overall success.

My guess is that -
    being a BizTalk newbie with deadline - I am overlooking something incredibly simple <sigh>

Kind regards

-- r
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:32 PM
  • Why don't change the name of the xml record? You can use the name you like. It is nothing to do with the segment name as I understand.

The name convention in EDI system is something like:
    for loops: TDTLoop1, TDTLoop2
    for segments: LOC, LOC_2

You can use your name convention, because it's under your control (BTW Do you use your schema in the FlatFile Disassembler?)

Regards,

Leonid Ganeline

Monday, June 25, 2007 5:05 PM