person Group Picker with Multiple selection assigned in an approval workflow not working RRS feed

• Question

• i have an infopath form with PersonGroup Picker, allow to multiple selection = yes. I also created a workflow with Start Approval Process, users = set to PersonGroup Picker value. It works fine if i assign a single user in the persongroup picker, but if i type more than one user in the persongroup picker, it will only work for the first assigned value not on all the persons in the persongroup picker. pls help if u got ideas on this
    cal_bonjovi
    Monday, May 9, 2011 5:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi cal_bonjovi,

Thanks for your post.

What’s the version of InfoPath, 2007 or 2010.

Here is a similar issue about InfoPath 2010.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010customization/thread/e720a3e2-e33b-42d4-ad3b-40696172fcd1

good news (or bad news, depending) is that the product team was able to repro the issue and is logging as a bug with the owner of that feature.  More to come...

Workaround: We have used a workaround with a customer to specify a fixed number of review users (i.e. I have added 3 separate single user fields for a task).

Thanks,

Wayne

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Friday, May 13, 2011 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:59 AM
  • This is the pre-2010 workflow forum.  You have no option to make a workflow with "Start Approval Process" in any pre-2010 product, and you cannot modify OOTB workflows in any pre-2010 product.  Please clarify the products you are using and their exact versions.

Also, InfoPath only submits to form libraries in 2007, and Contact Selectors in 2007 forms cannot be bound to Person/Group fields in 2007 form libraries directly.  The workaround for populating a Person/Group via workflow does not work for multiple entities, so again, we need you to explicitly clarify what you're working with.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:31 AM