none
Setup translation RRS feed

• Question

• How do I trabslate the setup project to other languages other than english?

Thank you
    Gad
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Gad

If the setup project is not customized much, you can just use the property "Localization" of the setup project, it will drop down a culture list for you to choose.

Otherwise, see Localizing a Windows Installer Package for more information, especially to depend on Windows default lanuage.

By the way, in case of getting the following warnings while building:
    WARNING: Could not match culture '<culture name>' for item 'Windows Installer 3.1'. Using culture 'en' instead.
    WARNING: Could not match culture '
    <culture name> ' for item '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1'. Using culture 'en' instead.
    It won't matter the UI of the setup wizard. They just mean that you need to install specific Language Pack for Windows and .NET Framework in order to localize the .NET Framework and MSI error messages that may be popped by the programs.

Thanks.

Figo Fei

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Monday, October 5, 2009 6:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Gad

If the setup project is not customized much, you can just use the property "Localization" of the setup project, it will drop down a culture list for you to choose.

Otherwise, see Localizing a Windows Installer Package for more information, especially to depend on Windows default lanuage.

By the way, in case of getting the following warnings while building:
    WARNING: Could not match culture '<culture name>' for item 'Windows Installer 3.1'. Using culture 'en' instead.
    WARNING: Could not match culture '
    <culture name> ' for item '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1'. Using culture 'en' instead.
    It won't matter the UI of the setup wizard. They just mean that you need to install specific Language Pack for Windows and .NET Framework in order to localize the .NET Framework and MSI error messages that may be popped by the programs.

Thanks.

Figo Fei

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Monday, October 5, 2009 6:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Hello.   I have a related problem.   I have built a setup project in VS 2005 and have specified Japanese in the "Localization" property of the setup project.    When I install the msi file that this produces, the text in the dialog boxes that pop up are in Japanese, but ALL of the text in the install wizard remains in English, including the text on the "Next" and "Cancel" buttons.    What can be going on to cause this strange behavior?   Is there something that I need to add to Visual Studio so that it can use Japanese words for these button labels and other standard text in the installation wizard?
    ...Jim
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:44 PM
  • The dialog boxes that are appearing in Japanese are the small message boxes that say "Please wait while ... "
    ...Jim
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:46 PM