none
Custom Time Stamp Delimiter? RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if there is a way to define a custom timestamp delimiter for custom logs in OMS. This would be the custom logs following this process https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/data-sources-custom-logs.

I have logs from an application that would go like 2019-8-9 14:56:24 for instance where the day and month are only 1 digit. So this will not work with the pre-set delimiters that Microsoft has set and the New Line one is not good to use either for the logs as there are plenty of lines per log timestamp.

A answer to this would be great so I know if we are SOL or not for this option

Thanks

Friday, August 9, 2019 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi LukeUhren,

As per this document, custom logs supports various (currently eight) timestamp formats. But AFAIK your required timestamp (i.e., something like YYYY-M-D HH:mm:ss / YYYY-D-M HH:mm:ss) is currently not supported so I suggest you to share feature request / feedback here in feedback forum. Once a feedback is open for the user community to upvote & comment on, it allows related Azure feature team to effectively consider and prioritize the  request against existing feature backlog and also gives Azure feature team the insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature. Hope this helps!

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:59 AM