Issues with Using Local IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User438705957 posted

I have Visual Studio 2013.
    I need to create a web application that uses the local IIS installed , so that I can configure it to allow remote connections.
    I have jumped thru a number of hoops to get IIS installed and 4.0 ASP.net registered etc.

When I create a web project by selecting Visual C# --> Web --> ASP.NET Web Application, there is no selection available to enable it be hosted by the installed local IIS.
    So instead of selecting new project, I select new website, and then the option becomes available to host thru local IIS.
    All good.

However, creating the website like this does not give the option of selecting MVC, Entity Framework or Web API assemblies to be installed as well.
    These options are all available when creating a new project.

So now I have a website hosted thru local IIS, how can I get the assemblies and references installed to use EF, MVC and Web API.

It seems it should be an option just as it is for new projects , or am I simply missing a concept here.

Friday, June 24, 2016 1:04 AM

Answers

• User2103319870 posted

madog

how can I get the assemblies and references installed to use EF, MVC and Web API.

You should be able to use the Nugget Package Manager to get all required dlls. You can follow the below steps

• In your solution select Tools Menu 
    • Then select Nugget Package Manager
    • Choose Manage Nugget Package for solution option 

You will get a window like below and  then you can select and install all required dlls

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 1:45 AM

All replies

• User2103319870 posted

madog

how can I get the assemblies and references installed to use EF, MVC and Web API.

You should be able to use the Nugget Package Manager to get all required dlls. You can follow the below steps

• In your solution select Tools Menu 
    • Then select Nugget Package Manager
    • Choose Manage Nugget Package for solution option 

You will get a window like below and  then you can select and install all required dlls

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 1:45 AM
  • User438705957 posted

Thanks A2H, although I couldn't see your images properly.
    It looks like EF was already installed.

I don't know why the 'new website' template doesn't offer these as options during the creation wizard.

Friday, June 24, 2016 2:07 AM