none
Small Basic V 1.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Do you remember that kid's game «Where's Charley ?»  Now it should be «Where Vijaye ?» But most of all «Where is V. 1.0»

Any news would be good news !!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:53 PM

Answers

• There have been other releases, such as v0.91, and v0.95 which was released recently. This shows that Vijaye is still working on v1.0! So I feel that if we keep posting these kinds of questions, then Mr. Raji will begin to rush, then Small Basic v1.0 wouldn't be as great, as if it would have if we hadn't rushed him. So, as SolidiusWolf said, "All in good time!"

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:15 AM

All replies

• All in good time!

Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:42 AM
  • There have been other releases, such as v0.91, and v0.95 which was released recently. This shows that Vijaye is still working on v1.0! So I feel that if we keep posting these kinds of questions, then Mr. Raji will begin to rush, then Small Basic v1.0 wouldn't be as great, as if it would have if we hadn't rushed him. So, as SolidiusWolf said, "All in good time!"

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:15 AM
  •  My question wasn't meant to offend anybody and least of all Vijaye Raji, or rush him into doing work that is not at par with what we expect of him. It was supposed to be humorous, a little bit ironical and not at all critical. At the same time, I wanted to express my great interest in leaving «beta» versions of his potentially great program so that we could work on a solid foundation for the future. Version 1 had been promissed for the end of 2010 and then for the beginning of 2011. I was anxious to know if something had gone wrong and when we could expect the official version. I know he has a day job and it must take many evenings and probably nights to write the program and introduce many of the suggestions we asked for. On the other end, we also did our part of work; first by putting in many hours to study this new language and secondly by helping others find solutions to their programming problems; hence giving me a certain right to ask the question mentioned before.

And for your information and govern, no functionality has been added or changed from version 0.9 except for the addition of the Czech language and the correction of strings in the Korean language.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Very sorry, Dick033. Please forgive me, I didn't realize your post was meant to be a humorous post. I am also excited about Small Basic v1.0.

I'm still wondering what this will be like... Maybe a really big and important update Vijaye's working on... I also realize these posts now are somewhat important, because now people who use Small Basic will now look for bugs, or feature requests so Vijaye can make 1.0 as best he can. Sorry again, Dick033.

~~AirWaves!!~~
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:04 AM