Urgent! Data source name not found and no default driver specified RRS feed

• Question

• User944339287 posted

Dear all, i got the following error msg when i test run my web app in VPS although I have installed MySQL Connector 5.1

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I believe my connection string is correct as it's running properly in my laptop.
    * The same driver has been installed in both devices (VPS and Laptop)
    * My VPS is running in Windows Server 2008 (64bits)

Please advice.. tq

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:36 PM

Answers

• User365699807 posted

Hi,

The information you provided is insufficient to diagnose the issue, however, my guess is that the ODBC connection on your VPS is not configured correctly. What you can try is to login to your VPS and make sure your ODBC connection (in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC)). Please make sure your ODBC DSN is associated with correct driver, which you mentioned it is MySQL.

Also, you need to make sure the driver is properly installed. You can check this in the same Data Sources (ODBC) tool and select "Driver" tab. Please make sure the driver is 64bit compatible.

If you can try to connect your database server from VPS (not from your laptop), and ensure it connects successfully, then you can eliminate the possibility of the faulty server setting.

Hope this helps.

Henry Liang

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:57 PM