Network Monitor fails running under "Local System Account" RRS feed

• Question

• the NMopenCaptureEngine function fails with 2147549446 error code when running in a service by local system authority and also allowed to interact with desktop, is there a workaround about it?
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:16 AM

Answers

• Error 2147549446 is RPC_E_CHANGED_MODE.  If you look in the documentation under NmOpenCaptureEngine, you'll see that this error has to do with Multi-Threaded Code.  If you read the section called "Working with Multi-Threaded Code", you will hopefully find the solution to your problem, which depends on the type of application your are building.

If you still have questions after reading that section the help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

• Marked as answer by Hadi Amini Monday, February 7, 2011 9:34 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 3:28 PM

All replies

• Error 2147549446 is RPC_E_CHANGED_MODE.  If you look in the documentation under NmOpenCaptureEngine, you'll see that this error has to do with Multi-Threaded Code.  If you read the section called "Working with Multi-Threaded Code", you will hopefully find the solution to your problem, which depends on the type of application your are building.

If you still have questions after reading that section the help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

• Marked as answer by Hadi Amini Monday, February 7, 2011 9:34 PM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 3:28 PM
  • thanks

the problem resolved, I had forgotten to check the documents

Monday, February 7, 2011 9:37 PM
  • This helps me too.

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:58 AM