Delete MySite if there is no profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after a long time we're going to enable the MySite Cleanup Job on SP2010 and probably around +800 profiles will get deleted after the first run. I wonder if their Personal MySite will get deleted as well. A few tests showed that this is not not managed by the MySite Cleanup job. Site Use Confirmation and Deletion is not an option as we'd like to avoid unnecessary emails to users.

Can this be done programmatically via Powershell ?

Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

MySite Cleanup job will delete you personal site along with use profile if these profile is marked as missing from last import, please read below reference content and article:

What is the My Site Cleanup Timer Job

The My Site Cleanup Job is responsible for deleting user profiles and My Sites of those users.  This includes the following activities:

1. Remove user profiles that are queued for deletion.
    2. If those users have a My Site, assign the  user’s manager as the SPSite.SecondaryContact.  Email the manager letting them know that the user’s My Site will be deleted in 14 days.
    3. 11 days after the first notification, email the manager again letting them know that the My Site will be deleted in 3 days. 
    4. After a total of 14 days, delete the MySite.

The first thing we need to understand is how a user profile is actually deleted.

Please refer below article by Kirk Evans[MSFT]:

Inside the SharePoint 2010 My Site Cleanup Timer Job

If my contribution helps you, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Thanks, ShankarSingh(MCP)

• Edited by Nik SS Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:40 AM
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:54 PM