Opening with CMD by Default RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!  I am working on a program that takes the user input and puts it in a text document for that specific employee.  I made it open with CMD, but when it opens it opens like you are only opening CMD, not the program.  Thus it does not execute, it just asks for CMD commands.  How do I make it so I can run my program without having to go into Small Basic, opening the file, and hitting run?

Thanks,

Tom

Friday, June 18, 2010 5:15 PM

Answers

• Go to the directory where you stored the *.sb file, say program.sb.  This is where Program.Directory points.  When you run the file from SmallBasic, an executable (program.exe) will be placed in this directory.  You can then run this exe directly, and even give it to someone else on another windows machine, as long as they have .Net 3.5 SP1 and you also copy the SmallBallicLibrary.dll (and any extension dlls used) which are also to be found in the same directory as the *.sb and *.exe.
    • Marked as answer by litdev Monday, June 21, 2010 5:43 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 6:10 PM

All replies

• Go to the directory where you stored the *.sb file, say program.sb.  This is where Program.Directory points.  When you run the file from SmallBasic, an executable (program.exe) will be placed in this directory.  You can then run this exe directly, and even give it to someone else on another windows machine, as long as they have .Net 3.5 SP1 and you also copy the SmallBallicLibrary.dll (and any extension dlls used) which are also to be found in the same directory as the *.sb and *.exe.
    • Marked as answer by litdev Monday, June 21, 2010 5:43 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 6:10 PM
  • Dude you are the best!

Thanks!

Monday, June 21, 2010 3:56 PM