none
Query Form Data for Result

Question

• Season's Greetings,

I am creating a form in InfoPath 2013 that will be used on a web hosted SharePoint 2013 site (through a browser). I have a field that is populated by an XML file. In this field on the form I have a list of Accounts, I am trying to get it so that a second field will automatically populate with the account number associated with the account name in field one.

Please could someone advise me on how I can achieve this? According to an article I read on Microsoft Website, this one, I can't use filters so I wonder if someone could assist me further

Thanks

TC

TC Toni Carrera Senior Data Manager

Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Toni Carrera,

Based on my understanding, you are populating a form with data that uses values from an external Extensible Markup Language (XML) file and you want to create a cascading list box.

Why you cannot user filters? Is there any issue occurs when using filters? We need to apply a filter to the list box in the form. Apply a filter to the second list box so that the list displayed in the second list box changes appropriately based on the value selected in the first list box.

Here is an article about creating a cascading list box with data from XML file step by step:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-cascading-list-box-1702993d-d670-4d9b-8063-acabacb76605

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:17 AM