How can I access old Win7 Application under Win8? Win8 cannot detect my onboard sound card, how can I fix it! Have a nice weekend!

Question

• I just installed win8 on my PC. Is it possible to access my old win7 apps like games, iTunes under win8? The onboard sound card didn't work. Can any expert advise me the solution, so many thanks!

Kelvin

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:22 AM

Answers

• Programs:

You must reinstall programs in Windows 8 Developer Preview.

Sound Card:

Have you installed the newest audio drivers? If not download them from the manufacturers website.

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:29 AM

All replies

• Programs:

You must reinstall programs in Windows 8 Developer Preview.

Sound Card:

Have you installed the newest audio drivers? If not download them from the manufacturers website.

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Hi TrekDozer,

Great thanks to you! @@

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:34 AM