Exception from HRESULT: 0x800F1001 after clients install Windows Update KB 3000850

Question

• We're having a problem with our windows store app that is making our app unusable.  We're getting an unhandled xaml exception during start up with the underlying com exception hresult 0x800F1001.  We've verified that this only happens to users who have installed the optional windows update KB 3000850.  Is anyone else having a similar issue after the update?  Anyone know what the message attached to that HRESULT is?

• Edited by Kellen Friday, November 28, 2014 1:00 PM
    Friday, November 28, 2014 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Kellen,

Can you reproduce this issue on your development machine? I would recommend you reproduce it first and then try to find what code is the root cause. If this caused by user code, please try to post more information about it here. If this caused by runtime system, please open a thread on http://connect.microsoft.com/.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 1, 2014 3:35 AM
  • Looks like it may be a heap corruption issue in our native component.  The heap corruption seems to be exposed after this update.  I'm trying to debug it a bit further, but I think it's fair to say the bug is actually on our side.  Thanks for the reply though Herro.
    • Edited by Kellen Thursday, December 4, 2014 4:32 PM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 4:31 PM