none
Order blobs by date

Question

• Hi all,

I've a sync service on my QNAP that store data in an Azure Blob container.

I'd like to check if it work correctly so, sometimes, I go in the Azure Portal to check the last updated file but I can't find a way to order it by the upload date.

How can I do?

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:42 AM

All replies

• As per this Stack Overflow thread, you will have to keep the original date/time when the blob was created as blob metadata entry. If you are familiar with using Rest API then you can give this a try and post back here if it was successful. Refer to Set Blob Metadata for more details.
    Saturday, February 18, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Thank's.

In my case is not so important the original date/time, but the upload date/time.

I can see it in the Azure portal but to find the last uploaded file I've to check manually.

I'd like to have only an "Order by" in the BLOB explorer in the Azure portal.

Have I to write my own software to do this?

Monday, February 20, 2017 8:45 AM
  • You can use Azure Storage Explorer for sorting blobs according to Last Modified, Blob Type, Size,  etc. Unless you modify the blob, the property Last Modified would be the same as Upload Time.

In the below screenshot, I’ve sorted the blobs by Last Modified parameter.

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:00 AM
  • Unfortunately it does not work properly.  No matter what if first gets somehow sorted by name and only then Last Modified.  For example,  we have about 10,000 items in the blob, they all start with "000_<guidID here>_timestamp.bak"  Now those 10,000 items use only 4 different guids so about 2,500 per guid.  What happens is that when i try to sort by last modified,  it sorts by ... guid first... then by date so i still have to scroll craplods to find what i need.   Its stunning that sorting by last modified will not simply return latest item.  Who build this garbage?
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:55 PM
  • @okaroleo: What version of the Storage Explorer are you using?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:35 AM