Import Export Wizard Error when Exporting to Excel 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SQL Server 2005.  Using the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard, I'm trying to export data from a table into an already existing (County.xls) Excel 2003 file. Here are my settings screen by screen:

1.  Choose a Data Source: 
    Data source:  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
    Server Name:  Sql02
    Authentication:  Use SQL Server Authentication
                        User Name: Provided
                        Password:  Provided
    Database:  ProdView

2.  Choose a Destination
    Destination:  Microsoft Excel
    Excel Connection settings: 
           Excel File path:  \\fp02\public\work files\County.xls
           Excel Version:  Microsoft Excel 97-2005
           First row has column names: Checked

3. Specify Table Copy or Query
         Copy data from one or more tables or views:  Selected

4. Select Source Tables and Views
         Source:  [ProdView].[dbo].[County]
         Destination: \\fp02\public\work files\County.xls  I then click the 'Edit Mappings'button and choose 'Create destination table' and 'Drop and re-create destination table' on the 'Column Mappings' page.  I also make sure that my type, 'Nullable' and Size values match whats in the table.  I have tried several variations here, all to no avail.

5.  Save and Execute Package
         Execute Immediately - Checked
         Save SSIS Package - Checked
         SQL Server - Selected
         Package Protection Level - Encrypt sensitive data with user key 

6.  Save SSIS Package
         Name:  County
         Description:  County
         Target:  SQL Server
         Server name:  SQL02
         Use SQL Server Authentication:
                    User Name:  Provided
                    Password:  Provided

Clicking 'Finish' I get the following errors: 

At my wits end.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Executing (Error)

Error 0xc001000e: DSI_County_Override: The connection "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.
    (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc001000e: DSI_County_Override: The connection "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Error 0xc00291eb: Drop table(s) SQL Task: Connection manager "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" does not exist.

Error 0xc0024107: Drop table(s) SQL Task: There were errors during task validation.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Donna Lee,

>> Error 0xc001000e: DSI_County_Override: The connection "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" is not found.
    Error 0xc00291eb: Drop table(s) SQL Task: Connection manager "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" does not exist.
    Error 0xc0024107: Drop table(s) SQL Task: There were errors during task validation.

Based on the errors which are thrown by Connections collection, it might be that the specific connection element is not found. And the error messages might be raised by Integration Services components.

So please try to uninstall the Integration Service and reinstall Integration Service. Meanwhile please install Service Package 4 for SQL Server 2005 as well.
    For uninstall the Integration Service : select Control Panel, and then click uninstall Programs >>Select SQL Server 2005, and then click uninstall>>select Integration Service in Feature Select.
    For install the Integration Service: Run SQL Server 2005 setup.exe>>Select Integration Service in Feature Select.
    Alternative, you can try to use Ivan Ryabtsev’s suggestion to export data file from SQL Server.

More information, please reference as below:
    Integration Services Error and Message Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345164(v=SQL.90).aspx
    Please download Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4 RTM:  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7218

Regards, Amber zhang
    • Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:00 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please check  that you have creating and deleting rights for this location

Excel File path:  \\fp02\public\work files\County.xls

• Proposed as answer by developer_rk Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:36 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:27 PM
  • I know I can delete files because I've had to do so all ready. I'll confirm I have rights to create and delete tomorrow. I provide the SQL Server admin login and password in the wizard.  Do you know if that is the same login used when the attempt to create the table is made or is the Windows login information is used.  Shouldn't be a problem either way, but I'm curious.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Hi Donna Lee,

>> Error 0xc001000e: DSI_County_Override: The connection "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" is not found.

Based on the errors which are thrown by Connections collection, it might be that the specific connection element is not found. And the error messages might be raised by Integration Services components.

So please try to uninstall the Integration Service and reinstall Integration Service. Meanwhile please install Service Package 4 for SQL Server 2005 as well.
    For uninstall the Integration Service : select Control Panel, and then click uninstall Programs >>Select SQL Server 2005, and then click uninstall>>select Integration Service in Feature Select.
    For install the Integration Service: Run SQL Server 2005 setup.exe>>Select Integration Service in Feature Select.
    Alternative, you can try to use Ivan Ryabtsev’s suggestion to export data file from SQL Server.

More information, please reference as below:
    Integration Services Error and Message Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345164(v=SQL.90).aspx
    Please download Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4 RTM:  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7218

Regards, Amber zhang
    • Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Thursday, October 6, 2011 8:00 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:52 AM