Product Key WES7 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I'm totally confused about using the Produkt Key in WES7.

Yesterday i got the product key for the ICE now the 180 day trial window is removed during the start of ICE.

but how works the product key for every device I install with WES7?

e.g. if i bought 100 product keys how can i enter them to my AnswerFile? Do i have to enter every single key?

and how did the ICE know that i reached the total number of 100 product keys?

if i have to rebuild a new image several times and for testing i install it more than one time on a target device will the counter every time i install decrement?

sorry for the questions but i'm really new to Windows Embedded

bye
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:29 AM

Answers

• You should have received a single run time key for the image. This single key is entered into the Answer file in ICE. The single key is all that is needed for all the imges you produce. The 100 stickers have just a serial number that you need to attached to each system and track for auditing purposes.

The distributor you purchased the stickers from and signed the license agreement should be able to help further.

http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPE/WE%20Licensing%20V1.6.pdf

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Edited by Sean LimingMVP Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:26 PM
    • Proposed as answer by KNARZ Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pfurz Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:56 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:24 PM

All replies

• You should have received a single run time key for the image. This single key is entered into the Answer file in ICE. The single key is all that is needed for all the imges you produce. The 100 stickers have just a serial number that you need to attached to each system and track for auditing purposes.

The distributor you purchased the stickers from and signed the license agreement should be able to help further.

http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPE/WE%20Licensing%20V1.6.pdf

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Edited by Sean LimingMVP Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:26 PM
    • Proposed as answer by KNARZ Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pfurz Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:56 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Hi Sean:

You had answered the Windows XP embedded question, but Windows Embedded Standard 7 were not same as Windows embedded 2009.

Can you give us more clear idea about the WES7 Product key, how to manage about 100+ device?

Thanks

Lu

Monday, July 15, 2013 8:11 PM
  • It is the same concept. Getting the run time key is different. With WES7, you get one and only one runtime key separately from Microsoft. It doesn't come with the stickers - saves on the paper. The distributor will help you fill out the paper work. All you have to do is enter the key into your answer file using ICE. Once the system has been cloned, no activation required. Just put the sticker on each unit and ship.

WE8S goes through the same problem, but activation is required.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Edited by Sean LimingMVP Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:14 AM missing info
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:12 AM