none
Need suggestions on a program - dyslexia help RRS feed

• Question

• I suffer from dyslexia. I problem is spellings. I am an engineer. One of my job roles is to take notes in the meeting. Taking notes in meeting is turning out to be a nightmare, I feel people judge me whenever I do a spelling mistake. 

Recently I was thinking something to hide my weakness. 

types notes in one application (say word)

if there are no spelling mistakes or when I press an button. (Names can be capitalized.)

the data shows up in a different application (say onenote )

When I connect the projector, using windows extend view I will hide word and just show onenote to others. 

or I can do similar thing using two browsers (say explorer/chrome/etc)

The reason for two separate applications is, when using webex only one application can be shown.

Can anyone develop this and host it.  I am sure lot will benefit from this kind of application. At least I know hand full who are wanting for this kind of application. 

Or, are there any applications already like this?

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:00 AM

All replies

• This forum is for questions on how to use Expression Web, not requests for programming.

You are describing an autocorrect feature, which already exists in Word (under the Proofing options, and it includes the ability to add your own set of frequent errors/corrections) and does not require two screens.

I will say that if your dyslexia causes issues that are visible on the job, letting your co-workers know about it, even as you try to work around it, seems preferable to trying to hide it.

• Edited by KathyW2 Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:40 AM