//Following code will add a Bar Equation
                    Word.Range wdFunctionR = wdApplication.Selection.OMaths
                        .Add(wdApplication.Selection.Range);
                    Word.OMathFunction wdFunction = wdApplication.Selection
                        .OMaths[1].Functions.Add(wdApplication.Selection.Range,
                        Word.WdOMathFunctionType.wdOMathFunctionFrac);
                    Word.OMathFrac wdNary = wdFunction.Frac;
                    }

I want to make the direction of the mouse pointer to be right to left? how can I do this??

also I want to change the direction of Nary symbol to be from right to left??

I tried to search on OMathFunction library but I couldn't understand .. I want examples for using this library..

plz help me... this is my graduation project :)

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:41 AM

Answers

• based on our research we've not found a way to change the direction of equation using the Equation Editor in Word 2010. We looked at how this can be done in the User Interface (UI) and have not found a way to do this.

Even reversing the text direction doesn't change how symbols are added to the equation.

If writing using Pencil and paper in Arabic, would the symbols be reversed?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Harold Kless Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi ISE Student,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I've read your post carefully, however I'm not quite sure about

I want to make the direction of the mouse pointer to be right to left? how can I do this??
    also I want to change the direction of Nary symbol to be from right to left??

Could you provide some more detailed information? It will be helpful if you could provide some screenshots with description on it.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:53 AM
  • In arabic language we wrote from right to left so I want the pointer of mouse to be right to left..

if you see equation in word the direction of the pointer of mouse is left to right, I want to make an equation editor in arabic character so I want the symbol like segma to be right to left..

how could I do that?

thanx

Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Hi ISE Student,

Thank you for your last reply.

You can take a look at this page, perhaps it will provide some helpful information.

I'll involve some experts who are more familiar with your issue. This may take some time.

Thank you for your patient and understanding.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:48 AM
  • based on our research we've not found a way to change the direction of equation using the Equation Editor in Word 2010. We looked at how this can be done in the User Interface (UI) and have not found a way to do this.

Even reversing the text direction doesn't change how symbols are added to the equation.

If writing using Pencil and paper in Arabic, would the symbols be reversed?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Harold Kless Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:30 PM