Launch announced but website not updated??? RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody have any idea why MS would send out an email saying "LightSwitch 2011 is here" with a link to the launch site and the launch site still has not been updated? The email also has a link to "download the 90-day trial" but it doesn't work?
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:32 AM

Answers

• Frank,

Yes, I got the email too. It appears that the mail was sent out prematurely. The links in the email should go live at 10 pacific time July 26 (tomorrow morning here in Redmond). Please try again then.

Regards,

Steve Hoag Microsoft aka the V-Bee
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:38 AM

All replies

• Great joy when I came in to the office early this morning to find an email with the title "Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 is here!". Not so much joy when I realize someone clicked send a few hours early...

According to Steve on another thread, the launch is 10:00 Pacific time (GMT-8 I believe) - no advantage in living in an early time-zone I guess :-D

I wish you all luck on the upcoming fight for bandwidth.

Rune

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:31 AM
  • Frank,

Yes, I got the email too. It appears that the mail was sent out prematurely. The links in the email should go live at 10 pacific time July 26 (tomorrow morning here in Redmond). Please try again then.

Regards,

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:38 AM
  • Sorry Rune - looks like someone pushed the "send" button too soon.

Regards,

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Talk about an anti-climax....
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:44 AM
  • Hehe - yep!

But on the brighter side... these things happen, and we only have to wait a few hours :-)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:47 AM
  • Yes, I agree... but it's just a few more hours until you can unwrap your shiny new present :-)
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:49 AM
  • Well, we wanted to "get the early news", and we got it... a bit "too early" :)

Make Them Ask: That's a LightSwitch App?

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:50 AM
  • 22 hrs for us on the other end of the world :(
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:50 AM
  • Just under 13 hours from now... for all of us ;-)
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:03 AM
  • True, if you don't go to sleep :)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:06 AM
  • How can you sleep at a time like this :-D
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:07 AM
  • A man must rest some time. Didn't get much sleep as is last night in anticipation of the launch :(

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:14 AM
  • I know the feeling - I came in at 6 this morning (just over an hour ago) to have the download ready before my colleagues came in. Guess I'll be doing the same tomorrow.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:17 AM
  • Steve - since you never sleep... do you know if the download will be available under MSDN subscriptions too?
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:20 AM
  • D'oh! I got all excited when I got the email, thinking LS had finally "arrived" for download, only to get "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found".

*sigh*

Oh well, as Steve says "only a few more hours".

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:21 AM
  • Rune,

Yes, it should also be available for MSDN subscribers. Non-subscribers will be able to download the trial from the link on the LightSwitch page. I suspect that subscribers will need to go to wherever it is that you get your downloads, but it should go live at the same time.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Thank you Steve - that is good news :-)
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:30 AM
  • Hi Steave,

Having build one of our companies major products entirely on Lightswitch, I some how find your comment above "just a few more hours until you can unwrap your shiny new present :-)"

Very thrilling. 

We understand & to certain level speculate what we are expecting with RTM but still.. :D

Just can'y wait :D

Regards

Supreet
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:01 AM
  • Well, we wanted to "get the early news", and we got it... a bit "too early" :)

Make Them Ask: That's a LightSwitch App?

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Lol :D

You got that right. :)

Regards

Supreet
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:02 AM
  • Really can't wait for another 12 hours, my broadband is eating my pocket.  See you tomorrow folks.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:01 AM