IE 10 and USB keyboard

Question

• the system I'm testing with has an Intel D945gpm board (core 2 quad 4GB ocz ram GeForce GT 520)  Logitech G7 wireless laser mouse Logitech g11 keyboard and Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter as I'm surfing the internet a few tabs open I sometimes am unable to move my mouse..... 32bit windows 8
    dell

• Edited by dell6568 Friday, September 16, 2011 2:55 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hey there,

Can you clarify in which IE you are seeing the issue? Is there a specific amount of tabs that have to be opened? What if you hit the Windows Key and go back to IE, does that get the mouse cursor out of that situation?

Regards,

Bobby

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:19 PM
    Answerer
  • whatever version is installed two tabs sometimes six just installed new chipset drivers as I type at my normal pace it seems to not type some of the letters causing the spelling to be wrong and slowing down my typing..... not sure if it's just in IE or other programs just installed office 2010 will update this later even with very few tabs open on both windows 7 and windows 8 I have seen high memory usage... 300MB+ and fairly high cpu usage for just IE

Edit* It seems to be affecting IE only....(facebook spiceworks google etc)

dell

• Edited by dell6568 Friday, September 16, 2011 2:56 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:47 PM
  • Hey there,

Wanted to understand how things are going? Does this happen also in the Desktop IE as well? Are there specific sites that may affect this? What if multiple tabs of the same site is opened?

Regards.

Bobby

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:32 PM
    Answerer
  • Core 2 quad 3GHZ with 4GB ocz ram newest drivers…. And with as few as 3 tabs I often get 50-100% cpu usage…. I still have issues with using Facebook chat where my typing seems to be super slow and often misses letters…. And I often have an NVIDIA driver stopped working when I login and I need to go to task manager restart windows explorer.

dell
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:36 PM
  • The other IE is just Hotmail using in private browsing…

dell
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:42 PM
  • Do you have a MSDN subscription? If yes, install the ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit) and make a trace of the IE (tarce CPU-, VAlloc-, Heap usage). let this run some time to capture the grow, stop the trace and zip the trace.

Here is a demo video how to use the Perf Recorder:

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Here is a demo video how to use the Perf Recorder:

Thanks for the tip, Andre.   I have been waiting for a successor to  DHeapMon  for W7 for a long time.   I guess this is it?   Does it work in an MP environment too?   (That would fix another one of the deficiencies of  DHeapMon.)

FWIW here is the only current mention of both tools:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/default.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostSortBy=MostViewed

(BING search for
         dheapmon "Windows Performance Analyzer"
    )

---

Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Do you have a MSDN subscription? If yes, install the ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit) and make a trace of the IE (tarce CPU-, VAlloc-, Heap usage). let this run some time to capture the grow, stop the trace and zip the trace.

Here is a demo video how to use the Perf Recorder:

no
    dell
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:32 PM
  • Thanks for the tip, Andre.   I have been waiting for a successor to  DHeapMon  for W7 for a long time.  
    The WPT/xperf is several years old. It was releasd with the SDK for Server 2008 RTM/Vista Sp1 in 2008.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:44 PM

• no

google for it, or make dumps of the IE processes and submit the dumps to MS with the Feedback tool:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/5227f0c3-7750-4833-a99f-6247041ddee9

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:46 PM

• no

google for it, or make dumps of the IE processes and submit the dumps to MS with the Feedback tool:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/5227f0c3-7750-4833-a99f-6247041ddee9

"You can install the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re a MSDN subscriber, " I did try a Google search.

dell
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:05 AM
  • google for en_windows_developer_preview_adk_x86_x64_734756.zip to get the WPT.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:17 PM