visual studio 2015 is not linking to additional dependecies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to link to *.lib from visual studio console application. I updated the below;

1. additional dependencies

2. additional library directories

3. Link Library dependencies as "yes"

But still it is throwing error saying "unresolved external symbol".

Can anyone pls help me?

Thanks,

Boobalakrishnan S

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Boobalakrishnan S,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the C++ development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum: Visual Studio Languages Visual C++ to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:13 AM
  • Hi Boobalakrishnan S,

thanks for posting here.

There has many possible reasons about this error. For a list of these reasons and solutions, please refer to this link below.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/799kze2z.aspx

So please provide more information about your issue and your vs version. So that we could find the root cause of this problem.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:18 AM
  • Hi Boobalakrishnan S,

Has your case been solved?

If it has, pleas help to mark answers. If not, just feel free to contact us.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support

Monday, June 5, 2017 7:33 AM