none
WEC7 Configure Windows Thin Client Setup Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a vCEPC configured as a standalone.  I can launch the vCEPC in Virtual PC and as the thin client comes up I get initial screen for "Windows Thin Client Setup Wizard".  

The wizard walks through answering the following questions:  Terminal Name, Desktop Area and Refresh Freq., ability to configure control panel items, then finishes.  At this point you are looking at the Terminal Connection Manager.  I can choose configure or connection tabs and complete the options and connect to an RDS server.

After shutting down the Virtual PC running my vCEPC and restart, it relaunches the "Windows Thin client Setup Wizard"  and the settings i entered for Terminal Connection Manager are removed and I have to reenter.

I'd like to configure it, so that as soon as it launches it skips the "Windows Thin Client Setup Wizard" and goes right to the Terminal Connection Manager that already has the information for the RDS server to connect to.

I was reviewing the information found here Configuring Client Information in Thin Client regarding the registry settings. 

Can anyone assist in our to go about setting this up, so that the wizard doesn't launch each time and the terminal connection manager already has the preexisting info for the RDS Server.   I'd like to boot, then click connect, enter in creds and go..

thanks!

Friday, September 21, 2012 10:02 PM

All replies