Self-host in a class library RRS feed

• Question

• User1228276627 posted

Hello. I'm new to SignalR and am having some confusion. What I need to do is self-host a SignalR hub in a class library. This class library will be consumed by a WPF application. I've been told that the .NET Core version of SignalR is the way to go. Do I create a .NET Core class library that I reference from my WPF application? Does such a thing exist?

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:33 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

Take into mind that SignalR on the server has the need of ASP.NET Core( it is build over it). So you have a class library that encompasses the whole ASP.NET Core. And it is the first time that I heard about this thing.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:24 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi lkeene,

I'm new to SignalR and am having some confusion. What I need to do is self-host a SignalR hub in a class library. This class library will be consumed by a WPF application.

Please clarify more about your scenario and requirement. Normally, we build/setup SignalR hub server with hub class and methods, and then build client application to communicate with SignalR hub(s). The following article shows how to connect to and communicate with SignalR hub(s) from a WPF app, you can refer to it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/signalr/dotnet-client?view=aspnetcore-2.2 

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:46 AM