Is it mandatory to have Cisco or Jupiter gateway for connecting a VPC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For POC purpose, I created a VPC in Azure and want to connect another VPC which is created in AWS (both are for testing). We don't want to use Cisco or Jupiter gateway for this connection and want to go for a free gateway such as OpenVPN.

Can you pls suggest how can I go ahead with this. Is it possible to use any other gateway (software) except Cisco or Jupiter.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting your question here.

If you just need to connect 2 VMs together, you could try using another Preview feature Windows Azure Connect.

Best regards,

-Steve

Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I need to connect two VPCs (one with Azure and another with AWS). Azure connect will not help in this matter.

Could you please let me know any free gateway software I can use.

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:15 AM
  • Are you saying you need to connect both VMs to each other? If so, why wouldn't Windows Azure Connect  fill this need? I don't have access to AWS but it seems like you would be able to use Windows Azure Connect in this scenario. Please see this other forum thread on using Windows Azure Connect with a Windows Azure VM.

Or are you saying you need to connect both VMs to a third location? I'm only aware of the built-in VPN components and unsure of any free gateway software.

Best regards,

-Steve

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:05 PM