Animations: Where do I start? How do I start? RRS feed

• Question

• I have looked at many C# animation tutorials that the code would not worked with my setup, or that I was missing a reference or something similar. Does anyone know if you have to download something to do animations or if you need to different kind of project then WinFormApp? Because in tutorials there is always an xaml or xml file with code in it also that NEVER appears in my projects. Is it possible to program an animation in a windows form application that has already been started?

Reply please.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:02 AM

Answers

• What you have been looking up is actually WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation). WPF is targeted at application that need rich UI.

Refer to this link for more information on WPF http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms754130.aspx

If you have heavy animation needs then WPF is what you really need. If you need some simple animation sequences then you can do those using GDI+. GDI+, however, will require you to code every animation sequence manually and the end result will, in most cases, not be the same as what you can obtain using WPF (which uses DirectX)

Please mark this as answer or vote as helpful if it solved your problem
    • Proposed as answer by Cookie Luo Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cookie Luo Friday, June 24, 2011 1:31 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:55 AM