Display a large photo when you mouseover a thumbnail RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an easy way to display a large photo when you mouseover a thumbnail?  Right now I have it working, but it seems cumbersome... here is what I did:

1. I have an unordered list of thumbnails.

2. I made a behavior for each of the thumbnails.  On mouseover, I change the property, and under borders & shading I set the background to the image that I want to portray, and the background is shown in a DIV that I set up for the image area.

Though this method works, it seems cumbersome and it will be difficult to build the 20+ pages for my site.  Is there an easier way in EW4 that I should be looking at?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have,

Peter

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:37 PM

Answers

• Frankly it sounds like you should be using a photo gallery.  Google, or search this forum for threads on the topic and suggestions of ones to look at.

• Marked as answer by EwersArch Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:34 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:04 PM
  • What you are looking for is called "disjoint rollover." Google it. Here's one that looks good http://alt-web.com/DEMOS/CSS-Disjointed-Menu-Rollover.shtml

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    • Edited by paladyn Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:04 PM

All replies

• Frankly it sounds like you should be using a photo gallery.  Google, or search this forum for threads on the topic and suggestions of ones to look at.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:04 PM
  • Thanks KathyW2!  I just poked around a little bit and you are right.  I'll have to do some research to figure out which one would be best.

Cheers,

Peter

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:49 PM
  • What you are looking for is called "disjoint rollover." Google it. Here's one that looks good http://alt-web.com/DEMOS/CSS-Disjointed-Menu-Rollover.shtml

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    • Edited by paladyn Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Thanks Scott - this is pretty cool code.  Very neat and tidy.

Peter

Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:35 PM
  • For more CSS galleries (and other CSS stuff, like menus), browse www.cssplay.co.uk.
    Comic Sans walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out! We don't serve your type."
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:28 PM