How to Convert Infopath to Word Document? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to convert the InfoPath form to MS Word document.

I got the solution through google and i am able to convert only the xml node element but i am unable to convert the attributes.

Can any one help me to convert the attributes in the Infopath to Word document?

Thank You

Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:56 PM

Answers

• OK. We figured out that one could just copy and paste the InfoPath form into Word but this may not be MS's  prescribed way of doing it.

This didn't seem to work for Word 2k3 but after you have it in Word 2k7 you can save the document as a Word 2k3 document and it seems to work well.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Innovate On Office Advisory Services. I have created a support case you may reference with the ID number SRX070926600241 to track your support request.

I would like to know which version of the Microsoft Office are you using?

If possible please send me the link that you referred to in the search to convert InfoPath to MS Word?

And what does exactly do you mean by “unable to convert the attributes”

Is it possible to list the steps on the conversion you have tried?

I appreciate your patience while we work to resolve your support request, however I will be able to work on this once I have the required information from you

If there is anything unclear, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Ravi Anguluri

Innovate On Office Advisory Support Engineer

Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:58 PM
  • i am using Microsoft 2003.

To convert from infopath to word.

first i have created the template for the form in word document.

i have added the xml schema file to the word document and put all xml element inside the word document.

by using the third part tool i am able to create a schema file for word document. using that schema file i was able to create the word documnet, but i was able to get the xml element value from infopath form.

I was unable to get the attribute value of the xml element.

e.g <Person ID="1234"></Person>  where ID is the attribute

How can i get it?

Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:32 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for providing the version number of Microsoft Office that you are using the the steps to reproduce the issue. Could you please also send us the below details so that we can go ahead and provide you the resolution as soon as possible.

If possible please send me the link that you referred to in the search to convert InfoPath to MS Word?

And what does exactly do you mean by “unable to convert the attributes”.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Ravi Anguluri

Innovate On Office Advisory Support Engineer

Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

Monday, October 1, 2007 7:12 PM
  •  

Hi,

We have an InfoPath 2007 form that we want to convert to a Word 2007 document.  The InfoPath form has text boxes, option buttons, date pickers, etc...  I've followed instructions as posted here

http://enterprise-solutions.swits.net/infopath2003/article.php?t=convert-infopath-form-into-word-doc-send-email-attachment-outlook&c=infopath2003 

but this is for InfoPath 2003.  When finished all we get is a Word document with a vertical row of falses ( "false, false, false....").  After conversion shouldn't we see the questions and answers (and perhaps the controls as well)?

I didn't understand step 4 in the instructions above: "adding style/formatting to the XML"?  so I skipped that step.

Thanks,

Phil

Thursday, October 4, 2007 3:34 PM
  • OK. We figured out that one could just copy and paste the InfoPath form into Word but this may not be MS's  prescribed way of doing it.

This didn't seem to work for Word 2k3 but after you have it in Word 2k7 you can save the document as a Word 2k3 document and it seems to work well.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

I found the solution. To Convert Infopath into Word is so easy.... I searched in google. every body suggested me to change XSL files and very lengthy process.......but its not required really.

1. File -> Export To -> Web (Mht)

2. Open Mht file by using word.

3. Save as with doc or docx format.

Thanks,
    Praveen.K
    (Please Vote me and reply me if this post is helpful)
    • Proposed as answer by amyamyamy Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:46 AM
  • Hi,

I found the solution. To Convert Infopath into Word is so easy.... I searched in google. every body suggested me to change XSL files and very lengthy process.......but its not required really.

1. File -> Export To -> Web (Mht)

2. Open Mht file by using word.

3. Save as with doc or docx format.

Thanks,
    Praveen.K
    (Please Vote me and reply me if this post is helpful)

This was SO EASY! I too have been searching everywhere. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:01 PM
  • I tried this method and when I click on "export to" nathing shows and it suggests I should "Search for form template converter on Office Marketplace"
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:01 PM
  • Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is extremely relevant to me.  This works very well, but is there any way to make a macro to do this automatically?
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:15 PM
  • Have you tried the steps from the article "Transforming InfoPath Data into a Word Document"?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa662311(office.11).aspx

The high-level steps of this process are as follows.

• Create an InfoPath form and extract its schema
    • Create a document in Office Word 2003 that maps data elements from the InfoPath form
    • Create an XSLT file to transform InfoPath form data into a Word document
    • Write script to perform the transformation of InfoPath data into a Word document
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:43 AM