none
No new ratings and reviews on all apps in Windows 8.1 store

Question

• Hello everyone,

I will post that here because I know that other developers are experiencing the same issue (I know they do, because I see all the new apps in the Windows 8.1 store and I've talked with others about it), with the hope that making this public will force Microsoft developer team to check the issue and fix it.

The issue is that none of the new apps are getting any ratings or reviews in the Windows store 8.1. You can very easily check that by sorting the apps in any category by "Sort by newest".

I've created two tickets in the Developer center portal about the issue and both of them got the same answer:
    "I do understand what you’re saying and I am sorry that currently ratings are not showing for your new apps for the 8.1 Store. However, engineering has reviewed and as it stands, there may or may not be a fix implemented in the future. I know this is not an ideal answer, but it is the reply that has been provided for the investigation. If you encounter a unique concern in the future, please do not hesitate to contact developer support.

So of course this is not an ideal answer for me and probably for all other developers who want to see their apps rated and reviewed. Users of Windows 8.1 are probably not happy too because they don't have a chance to check other users opinion for the app they are going to install.

So my request is for Windows 8.1 developers and users, please check if your/the new apps in the store are rated and reviewed, and if they are not, please comment here and open a ticket in the Developer center. I hope that this will point the Microsoft developer team on the issue and we will have a resolution soon.

Thanks for the support.

• Edited by Ke.LU Sunday, April 16, 2017 2:22 PM Edited typo mistake
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

If you still experience this issue, you can contact Dev Center support through your developer account.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Hi Ke.LU,

i have the same problem, i don't understand why and where the problem is ? It would be nice if microsoft review this kind of issue and fix it, because this is not of a small matter to all publishers.

Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:05 PM