none
Office 365 unified API and Sharepoint Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've saw Office 365 unified API overview and the file-definitions. Can I also access to sharepoint Online files or only to my files on OneDrive for Business files?

When I start with API to Office 365 for accessing SPO-Files, is it ok to start with this new "Office 365 Unified API" or the old API?

What about "Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013". Does someone know, if this will use the new "unified API"?

Best regards

Christoph

Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Christoph,

>>Can I also access to sharepoint Online files or only to my files on OneDrive for Business files?<<

The File entity represents file storage and management. These are OneDrive for Business files for the user in the preview version. Here is the link for your reference:
    Office 365 unified API overview (preview)

So we can not able to acess the files on the SharePoint online via  Office 365 unified API. To achieve the goal, we need to use Office 365 REST API.

>>What about "Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013". Does someone know, if this will use the new "unified API"?<<

Based on my understanding, the "Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013" enables developers to integrate Office 365 services such as mail, calendar, contacts, files, users and groups into their applications. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013

If you want to use "Office 365 Unified API", we can get the .NET SDK from NuGet. You can get more samples from link below:

Deep Dive into the Office 365 Unified API

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 27, 2015 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Christoph,

>>Can I also access to sharepoint Online files or only to my files on OneDrive for Business files?<<

The File entity represents file storage and management. These are OneDrive for Business files for the user in the preview version. Here is the link for your reference:
    Office 365 unified API overview (preview)

So we can not able to acess the files on the SharePoint online via  Office 365 unified API. To achieve the goal, we need to use Office 365 REST API.

>>What about "Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013". Does someone know, if this will use the new "unified API"?<<

Based on my understanding, the "Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013" enables developers to integrate Office 365 services such as mail, calendar, contacts, files, users and groups into their applications. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Microsoft Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio 2013

If you want to use "Office 365 Unified API", we can get the .NET SDK from NuGet. You can get more samples from link below:

Deep Dive into the Office 365 Unified API

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, July 27, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Hi Fei

Thanks for the answers. Are there plans to implement SharePoint Online into O365 unified API in the next months?

regards

Christoph

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:04 PM
  • Hi Christoph,

If you want to the Office 365 unified API to support SharePoint Online, I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:45 AM