none
Visual Studio crashes when trying to add new Dataset RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add new Dataset in rdlc file, but the Visual studio crashes and restarts everytime I was trying to do that. I tried doing the same action in different project and the action was performed perfectly. I tried removing and adding the references to Microsoft Reports again and again, but i still can't see what's the problem. 

The only solution was opening the file as html and adding the datasets by writing which is irritating.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi everyone - I am having exactly the same problem.

Has anyone found any official solution? 

CADAVID

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:51 AM
  • I opened new project and the reports were working just fine. I still haven't figured out what the problem is.
    Saturday, July 28, 2012 12:10 PM
  • Same issue with the same project in VS2012 and VS2010.  New projects don't have the issue.  

I created a new project, created a report, then copied that report to the affected project.  Attempting to modify the dataset from within the report in the affected project results in VS2012 crashing (right-click, DataSet Properties instantly crashes).

Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem... would it be possible to send the affected project to us? Or any kind of repro project if you have one which you can share...

If so, please send it to vitkaras at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Same issue here FYI, I haven't found a resolution yet.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:40 AM
  • Hello,

I was facing the same problem. And finally I could solve it

Well, since VS2012 you have a kind of WebSite called Asp.net Reports Web Site. Basically it is the same thing as a normal web site. Just a template to help user.

I dunno why in this kind of project the VS doesn't crashes when adding new dataset.

I hope to have helped

Caio Vitullo

Caio Vitullo

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:42 AM