none
Pricing for practice purpose RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am new to cloud computing and I want to have an account for learning purpose. I want to include Data Factory, Data Ware House, Databricks to work on Integration part. Could you please suggest me a cheaper plan to chosse.

Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,

Vaasu.

Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:52 PM

All replies

• Use the pricing calculator which for some services also includes the options like reserving CPU, BYO licencing and you will often find free tiers of services which are generous enough to experiment and even deploy a proof of concept.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/calculator/

The particular features you list do not have multi-buy options as such, so you should just spend some time trying the different combinations. Often you will also find different regions have different costs. For example, if a resource is new to a region. It may be higher priced than in other regions where it has been used for longer, or visa versa even, if they want to encourage take-up in that region. It's all just understandable marketing and return on investments.

So just shop around the pricing tiers vs scale vs region. As such, it is hard to give concrete answers, as prices fluctuate from time to time. Microsoft is renowned for achieving the overall best value vs cost compared to other providers.

That's why I chose Azure, because even for someone like me, the bottom line is how it affects my wallet. I don't know any consumers who exercise blind loyalty to a brand, when it comes to the cost, right? My choice of Azure is from many years of following the market and the overall costs, not trends driven by marketing.

All the best,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:12 PM
  • Hi VaasuB,

Just checking to see if the above information from Pete Laker was helpful. If this answers your query, please consider to click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:02 PM