none
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm currently running Windows XP on my Dell DM051 computer, and for a while I've been trying to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0, but it has never worked. I'm currently using Service Pack 2 of Framework 2.0. Here is a screenshot of the error signature that pops up whenever I try to install Framework 3.0. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My computer's current specs are:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
    System Model: Dell DM051
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Page File: 720MB used, 1738MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thank You.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:02 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You may take Serdar's suggestions to see if it helps.

When does this error happen? You could try the following steps:

1. Run the installation as administrator( Right-click the file, as choose 'Run As Administrator' )
    2. Use Verification Tool to verify whether .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS, if not, you may try repairing it first.

If the installation still fails, I think we need to collect the logs for further troubleshooting. After collecting logs, you may upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.0
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:43 AM

All replies