none
Document level Excel AddIn does not compile in VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am migrating several document level addin projects from VS2008 to 2013. They all failed in the same way.

When trying to create a new one in VS2013 from scratch, it failed in the same way.

The steps is as below in VS2013,

Start a Excel workbook level addin project. The workbook contains some macro.

In VS2013, right click workbook entry, choose "View Designer", set "Enable VBA Callers" to true, which will automatically set "ReferenceAssemblyFromVBAProject" to true also.

Only after this setting change, compiler will fail with following message:

"Cannot update WIN32 resources in assembly "obj\Debug\aLibraryName.dll. The system cannot find the specified."

Even that specific dll in in place.

Compile will pass only if I set those two as above to false.

Please help.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:20 PM

Answers

• Just want to let whoever ran into this same problem know that this issue has been resolved by running the VS2013 update posted in Jan 20, 2014.
    • Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Friday, January 24, 2014 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Qijun,

I'd suggest searching the forum before posting anything. Please take a look at the following similar forum threads:

Issue with compilation with Visual Studio 2012

VS2012 Cannot locate resource 

Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:49 AM
  • I cannot figure out how these links can help me. It seems that they are different issue.

I have tried on different machines. Even start from scratch, it gives me the same error. Once you set "EnableVbaCallers" to true, it fails. Set it back to false, it passes.

Can you check on your machine if it is the case?

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:08 PM
  • I did, Search for "Cannot update WIN32 resources in assembly" and found the same complain posted in Nov 2013 and still not answered.
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:01 PM
  • Just want to let whoever ran into this same problem know that this issue has been resolved by running the VS2013 update posted in Jan 20, 2014.
    • Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Friday, January 24, 2014 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:02 AM