none
Biztalk - Multiple Receive port RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to implement file transfer Biztalk program.

Workflow as below:

1. Receive a configurable xml file for getting searching criteria. (Get the Xml through Receive Port "1" type: File)

2. Acconding the searching criteria, add to FTP file mask to get file from other network folder. (Get the file through Receive Port "2" type: FTP)

For example: If the searching criteria is "AAA", I would like to receive all file name is including "AAA" by FTP, such as FileAAA.xml/AAA1134.xml/123AAA123.xml.....etc

But I got a problem now, when I try to build the Biztalk solution. There is an error that Biztalk cannot add more than one receive port in one orchestration.

I  think this is a normal case only.

Does anyone have idea on it?

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Yes the error is correct, you cannot attach two receive port to Orchestration's  recive shape untill and unless you are applying correaltion. Why dont you create two receive location one for FTP and one for FILE under a single Receive Port.

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

Regards

Rahul Madaan

biztalkvillage.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:52 PM
  • You need only 1 receive port and 2 receive location

1 to connect with File location

2 to connect to the ftp location.

Just use the File Mask property under FTP Transport Properties and set it as *AAA*.xml

Refer: How to Configure an FTP Receive Location

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:54 PM
  • Be aware, the BizTalk FTP Adapter is one-way only, you cannot 'query' an FTP site for a specific set of files.

Is that what you're thinking?  If so, please give us some more detail on your process and we can recommend some alternatives.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:58 PM
  • You can have multiple receive location within same receive port right :)

So this way you really don't need to have multiple receive port you can have single receive port with two receive location one for FTP and other for  File .

Another way around is to create direct bound ports for orchestration and have multiple receive ports publish the message to BizTalk .

Thanks

Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:06 PM
  • Create one receive port, here you can configure multiple receive location and configure file mask according to your logic

See below screen to create multiple receive locations in Receive port .

Thursday, January 21, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Have a look at the following blog post.

http://www.brianloesgen.com/blog/2008/5/13/bootstrapping-biztalk-dynamically-creating-receive-locations.html

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:15 PM