none
Enumerated installed windows store apps and get those apps logo info RRS feed

• Question

• Get the sample from  https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Package-Manager-Inventory-ee821079

and be able to get all installed windows store apps. But how can I get those apps' logo info if there is any. I get error when I try to get "package.Logo" 

Also, the sample using .Net4.5. Our software still using.Net4.0. When I change the project to support .Net4.0, there are compile error about the line:

IEnumerable<Windows.ApplicationModel.Package> packages = (IEnumerable<Windows.ApplicationModel.Package>) packageManager.FindPackages();

Error CS0012 The type 'IEnumerable<>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. FindPackagesSample E:\Working\Test\Enumerate app packages sample\C#\FindPackagesSample.cs 24 Active

Does .Net 4.0 support Windows.Management.Deployment.PackageManager?

Friday, December 15, 2017 3:43 AM

All replies

• Yup. This is not supported on .NET v4.0.

P.S.: I wish I could link to English version of documentation here, but seems they've modified the MSDN library site so that if the language is en-US, it'll just teleport you to corresponding page on doc.microsoft.com instead, where they pretend Windows version before Win10 does not exists. Really non-helpful if you need to check the minimum supported version of some features.

Friday, December 15, 2017 4:03 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for the reply. 

Do you happen to know if our software upgrade to .NET4.5, how to get the logo info?

Monday, December 18, 2017 7:01 PM
  • No. Never tried to do that before.

Maybe you can find the others to help.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:21 AM
    Answerer