Project alerts email notifications are firing/sending repeatedly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I enabled Project Alerts for a project in Team Explorer in VS 2010. When someone made a change to a work item assigned to me, I got emailed. That's good. But, now I'm getting that same email about 10x per day, even though no changes have been made to the work item.

Does anyone know why that might be happening or what I can do about it? I tried disabling/enabling the alerts, but that did not help.

Many thanks!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Answers

• Hi jbone1313,

Thanks for your post.

Have you ever encountered this issue or this issue occurs after you finished the alert settings? If you don't have this issue before, you can check if someone else changed the alert settings. Here is a video that about to confige email alert you can refer to.

You can also check the event logs to see if there some useful info. Please involve more details if you still has the same issue.  

Best regards, 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi jbone,

In the alert screen, in the left tab, please find the select box "find alerts for a spicific user", enter your account, and check if you still have another alerts.

On the other side, can you please check if the problem form your mailing server. you can change the mail server to any smpt server for testing

Regards

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:50 AM
  • Hi jbone1313,

Thanks for your post.

Have you ever encountered this issue or this issue occurs after you finished the alert settings? If you don't have this issue before, you can check if someone else changed the alert settings. Here is a video that about to confige email alert you can refer to.

You can also check the event logs to see if there some useful info. Please involve more details if you still has the same issue.  

Best regards, 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:14 AM