What the exact requirements to learn ASP.NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm new in Programming field , my goal is to be a web developer using C#.NET & ASP.NET
    till now I do these steps :
    - I haveattended a course in C# programming " Basics and Fundamentals "

- Self-studying another video courses in Lynda & Microsoft also in Basics and Fundamentals for C#

I don't know what the next step to achieve my goal " learning how to be a web developer using ASP.net .
    Many questions come to my mind :-

* Is it Important to be Fully aware of Developing Windows Applications ?
    * I saw in the web argument between using Asp.net or Asp.Mvc ! what the correct choice for me ?
    * Till now I don't know any thing about HTML or CSS , is that important to learn it before enter to Asp.net or not , if no is there another thing that i must learn before studing asp.net
    Thanks in advanceHossam

Friday, May 3, 2013 11:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• On 5/3/2013 7:20 PM, Sh2awa wrote:

You had best learn how to architect a solution. They don't pay the bucks if all you know is ASP.NET, CSS,,  Javascript and a little bit of C#.
     Learn how to develop a solution from the UI front-end, to the middle tier and the back-end.

http://www.dofactory.com/framework/framework.aspx
     UI layer
    Bussiness Logic Layer
    Data Access Layer

N-Tier.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multitier_architecture>

<http://www.developerfusion.com/article/3058/boosting-your-net-application-performance/2/>

Friday, May 3, 2013 11:35 PM
  • sorry i can't understand your words cause I have no knowledge in Asp.net , I write this question to find my bath and to find my beginning to learn web developing and also to see if I have the requirements for do that or no . I hope My question is clear . 
    Thank u and i wait ur reply 
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:05 AM
  • ASP.NET is a good place to start.

Also I would recommend getting a good grounding in the underlying technologies involved: HTML/HTML5, CSS and JavaScript (AJAX, JQuery, JQueryUI). W3Schools has really good primer courses on these topics.

Visual Studio Magazine is a good place to find articles on what the latest trends are in ASP.NET.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:26 AM
  • Which category in ASP i Should start , ASP web forms - ASP MVC - ASP web pages !!
    Sunday, May 5, 2013 11:30 PM
  • I think you can start to learn about an ASP.NET MVC in Microsoft official site, I don't think we need to find out and learn somewhere else, because in this site they introduced nearly full of the features that you need to developing the basic web application. Afterwards, you can find some books on Amazon about the web application to learning more advantage features. 

Hope this help.

Simple is better...

• Edited by thangchung Monday, May 6, 2013 4:29 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 4:29 AM
  • I would say get al your web dev fundamentals like html, css, javascript, jquery, ajax and so one and then start focusing on c# and asp.net.

After that i would suggest to get your microsoft certification in c# and web dev. Money!!!!

Monday, May 6, 2013 12:55 PM
  • I don't recommending waiting years to figure out exactly how to approach this before making the plunge. My advice is always to just start using something if you want to learn it. All the learning in the world won't get you up to speed on ASP.NET if you don't use it. And, while a bit frustrating, just figuring it out by doing it without structured learning could potentially make you an expert.

For you, I'd recommend getting a good book and just jumping in. I prefer C#, but you can pick either language and buy a book that uses that one for web page development.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:57 AM
  • To know any programming language first you really need interest in it. Because if you dont have any interesting any work then that work wont be completed nicely by you. 

Second you should know some basic of OOP's concepts. It will really helpful for you.

Try some basic programming language first then go for hard one.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:05 AM