none
Cannot create xsd file in Excel for Office 365 ProPlus - No "Menu Commands" in Add-Ins Tab RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create an xsd file from MSExcel (365 ProPlus).  The instructions displayed in Excel are as follows:

Step 4: Save the XML schema to an XML schema file (.xsd)
    1. Select any cell in a mapped Excel table.          

2. On the Add-ins tab, in the Menu commands group, click the arrow next to XML Tools, and then click Create XSD files for the XML Schema at the active cell.

Excel copies the XML schema and pastes it into Notepad

3. In Notepad, click File, and then click Save As.

4. Type a file name and file type, such as ProdOrders.xsd, and then click Save.

My problem is that in Step 2, I click on the Add-Ins Tab and there is no Menu Commands group.

When I go to File...Options...Add-Ins, "Microsoft Actions Pane 3" is listed as an "Inactive Application Add-in" and its location is not shown.

What all do I have to do to create an *.xsd file from MSExcel (Office 365 ProPlus)?

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Denis Backer,

According to your description, it seems that you are referring to below page to do this work, right?

Create an XML data file and XML schema file from worksheet data

Did you follow the Setp 1 to download and activate the XML Tool Add-ins? I think you need check if XMLTools in listed as Activate/InActivate Application Add-in instead of checking "Microsoft Action Pane 3".

Please try to follow the Step 1 in the page to download and activate the XML Tool Add-ins to check if the the Menu commands group would show.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Denis Backer,

According to your description, it seems that you are referring to below page to do this work, right?

Create an XML data file and XML schema file from worksheet data

Did you follow the Setp 1 to download and activate the XML Tool Add-ins? I think you need check if XMLTools in listed as Activate/InActivate Application Add-in instead of checking "Microsoft Action Pane 3".

Please try to follow the Step 1 in the page to download and activate the XML Tool Add-ins to check if the the Menu commands group would show.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:51 AM
  • I did not install the addin correctly.  mea culpa.

thank you for your help.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:26 PM
  • Hello Denis Backer,

I'm glad to hear that you have solved the issue. I suggest you mark your solution as answer to close this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:25 AM