Failed packages during installation of Visual Studio 2015 Community RRS feed

• Question

• My insallation finished with the following errors: 

Roslyn Language Services - x86 : Package failed.

Android Native Development Kit (R11C, 32 bits) : Failed to unzip the package file: 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudioSecondaryInstaller\14.0\installers\AndroidNDK11C_V1\en\0\android-ndk-r11c-windows-x86.zip' to the target path: 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AndroidNDK\'.

In the log, I found that Rosyln apparently failed the installation with the following error code: 

Set Result: Return Code=-2147023293 (0x80070643), Error Message=The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2203. , Result Detail=, Vital=False, Package Action=Install, Package Id=RoslynLanguageServicesResMsi

And there is no further info in the log regarding NDK-R11C.

Please advise on how to fix the failure, thanks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Lawrence_Eka,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I recommend you could download ISO file of visual studio community 2015 from here.

To verify the integrity of the ISO file, please use the FCIV.exe tool to check the SHA1 value of the ISO, the expected value comes from here, any discrepancy means the ISO is corrupted.

After making sure the ISO is ok, you could manually reinstall vs_RoslynLanguageServices.msi from the ISO file.

Meanwhile, you could use the ISO file to repair visual studio.

If the issue persists, I need your help to collect the complete VS installation log. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:18 AM