none
my vs 2015 community edition licesne expired

Question

• I installed Visual studio 2015 community update 2 on my machine. I had reinstalled my OS and I installed latest VS 2015 Community Update 3. But it shows the license : prerelease software. Your license has expired. What I have to do now?

How can I get license?

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi MSOFT DEVELOPER,

>> But it shows the license : prerelease software. Your license has expired.

Where do you get this message? Is this show on the Sign in page or when do you open the Visual Studio? Please provide a screenshot to help us understanding this issue.

Please open the account settings from the right-top corner of the Visual Studio. In the right side, it will show your license information. Please click the "Check for an updated license" hyper link to get a new license.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

did you get a prerelease of VS 2015 Community Update 3? My suggestion would be to download it again and make sure that you are using the final version of VS 2015 community Update 3.

And then make sure that you logged in with your live account (this is required to have a license for the community edition).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, July 15, 2016 10:04 AM
  • how can i find whether it is final version of VS 2015 community Update 3? if not how can i get the final version?
    Friday, July 15, 2016 10:11 AM
  • Hi,

you can download Visual Studio at https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.

You could either follow the "quick link" on the top of the page inside the Visual Studio Community box or you scroll down a little and then you will find all downloads where you can also download a full ISO. (The other link is a web installer - you just get a small file and all required files will be downloaded at install time. I always tend to use the ISO but that is my personal favor only.).

Just some notes: If you have problems installing the currrent version over the installed release candidate (That is my understanding because you said something about prerelease), then you could try to uninstall it first:
    a) You can start the setup application with /uninstall /force parameters. That should uninstall everything.
    b) if a) does not work, then you could try the cleanup tool available at https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

I hope this helped a little.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, July 15, 2016 10:20 AM
  • I had downloaded it from the same link you send to me. It is not a prerelease version.

It shows License: Prerelease.

Friday, July 15, 2016 10:42 AM
  • Hi MSOFT DEVELOPER,

>> But it shows the license : prerelease software. Your license has expired.

Where do you get this message? Is this show on the Sign in page or when do you open the Visual Studio? Please provide a screenshot to help us understanding this issue.

Please open the account settings from the right-top corner of the Visual Studio. In the right side, it will show your license information. Please click the "Check for an updated license" hyper link to get a new license.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:06 AM