none
Record Wlan current User RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
       I want to ask if there is a tutorial about "Record All Wlan Current User in my router" or something like, that will record the Mac Address of device that is connected to my Wifi into my notepad or other recorder app.

Thank you!
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Capstone2018,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, here is a similar thread for your reference.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/431755/get-ssid-of-the-wireless-network-i-am-connected-to-with-c-sharp-net-on-windows

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 15, 2017 6:33 AM
  • These are completely different thing.

The linked article is about obtaining the SSID of network the user is connecting, but what the asker want is complete list of clients connecting the wireless router.

======

In theory, if the router is not configured to block boardcast ping, do a boardcast ping to your gateway of wireless interface (I assume it's connected to the said router), wait 30 seconds for response and then do "arp -a" and dump the result to text file will do.

If broadcast ping is blocked, you can always try to ping one by one.

If the DHCP server of the router is doing its work correctly, this is the most non-invasive way to retrieve the list of MAC address of all device connecting to the router.

Of course, if the router supports telnet/ssh interface (which is rare nowadays unless you flashed your device with opensource ROMs), it would be much easier to use the command to list connected device to list them out.

Friday, December 15, 2017 7:06 AM
    Answerer