none
BizTalk 2013 R2 MQSC adapater is not available after installing HIS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to install MQSC adapter on BizTalk 2013 R2. I did install WebSphere MQ 7.5 Client and Host Integration Server 2013 in the following sequence.

1) Install and configure BizTalk Server 2013 R2

2) Install WebSphere MQ 7.5 client

3) Install Host Integration Server

I am still not able to find MQSC adapter in BizTalk admin consoler after installing the above mentioned software. Please advise.

Thanks, Pavan MCTS-Microsoft Biztalk Windows Server 2010

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:03 PM

Answers

• It worked after I did run the HIS Repair installation.

• Marked as answer by Pavan05 Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Pavan,

It should have been installed by default and visible but sometimes you have to add it yourself, this is done by right clicking the adapter folder and choose the option to add a new adapter the MQSC should be found in the drop down list.

Note that it might also be wise to restart the server to refresh everything, this have been seen to give an effect to clients.

If this didn't help. Refer the links below:

MQSC Adapter is missing in the BizTalk Administration Console

Installation of the MQSC adapter in BizTalk

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:10 PM
  • I did try that, but it is not available in the adapter drop down.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:14 PM
  • Hi Pavan,

One you are done with HIS and IBM Websphere MQ clinet (version 7.5) you need to verfiy that MQSC adapter is being properly registered as COM+ .
    You can navigate to Control Panel -->Administrative Tools-->Component Services-->My Computer-->COM+ Applications-->Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.MQSC to verify you have configured HIS and MQ client properly.

If you do not find Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.MQSC then I would suggest to repair your HIS Installation from add/remove program and then verify it again . There may be case were you did not have installed HIS or MQ Client properly

Thanks

Abhishek

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:15 AM
  • I verified it in COM+ applications, it is available there. I am still not able to figure out why it is not available in BizTalk Admin Console

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:03 PM
  • As mentioned earlier, try restart of the server to refresh everything.

Ensure you have followed the right order.

• Install the Microsoft BizTalk Server
    • After the installation of the Microsoft BizTalk Server, don’t forget to configure the BizTalk Server using the Configuration Tool (if you skip the configuration, the BizTalk Adapters (MQSC, HostApps, DB2) will not be installed correctly
    • Install the latest Microsoft BizTalk Server Cumulative Updates
    • Install the IBM WebSphere MQ Client or the IBM WebSphare MQ Transactional Client
    • Install the latest IBM WebSphere MQ FixPacks
    • Install the Microsoft Host Integration Server 2013 and check the BizTalk Adapters to install
    • Install the latest Microsoft Host Integration Server Cumulative Updates

Details are here: MQSC Adapter is missing in the BizTalk Administration Console

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:10 PM
  • I installed cumulative updates for BizTalk 2013 R2 and HIS2013. Still, having the same issue. I see HostApps and DB2 adapters in adapters list but not MQSC.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 3:27 PM
  • It worked after I did run the HIS Repair installation.

• Marked as answer by Pavan05 Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 9:51 PM